• Blog >
  • Xylitol Dangers
RSS Feed

Xylitol Dangers

We have seen two Xylitol ingestion cases this week and want everyone to be reminded how dangerous this is for pets! Xylitol is widely used in sugar-free gum and candies and while it's safe for people, it is estimated to be 100 times more toxic to dogs than chocolate. Little Grace here was very lucky that her family rushed her in after discovering she ate a pack of gum, she has been hospitalized and is doing great now. Remember to keep all gum and candies out of reach for your pets!

Location

Find us on the map

Office Hours

Our Regular Schedule

Fox Hollow Animal Hospital

Monday:

7:30 am-7:00 pm

Tuesday:

7:30 am-7:00 pm

Wednesday:

7:30 am-7:00 pm

Thursday:

7:30 am-7:00 pm

Friday:

7:30 am-7:00 pm

Saturday:

8:00 am-2:00 pm

Sunday:

Closed

Testimonial

  • "Great experience. For me, the most important thing was low stress. I had a new, large dog that needed to be neutered. I was able to make the appointment online, receive confirmation and drop him off at the appointed time without any delay. The procedure went well and I was able to pick him up when I got off work. Again, stress free and quick."
    Ronda F. Lakewood, CO
  • ""Fox Hollow Animal Hospital has the nicest staff! They treat my little Ringo like their own. The doctor was great! Right off the bat he hugged and loved on my little boy! I feel so comfortable taking my dog to Fox Hollow! Thank you!""
    Laura Carpenter
  • ""All of the office staff and veterinarians have always been kind and professional, especially during difficult visits.""
    Lindsay May